... turned into journals! The last guest tutorial over at Wanderlust was by Joanna Grant who had some great ideas about recycling various types of paper and card. So much inspiration that I just had to dive into my collection of A3 papers which I have used for a long time now as backing sheets when I use various sprays (mainly Glimmermist, because I can't resist those sparkly colours!) I just keep turning them around and catching more overspray. It doesn't matter what colours I'm using. Often these waste papers look better than whatever I was actually making :) Anyway, I finally got to put them to good use, along with a collection of smaller "shaving cream" backgrounds which were all experimental at the time and naturally, I just filed them away, with no purpose in mind.
Anyway, here's a few lot of pics ... enjoy ...
That's the larger journal above. The pages keep folding out, getting smaller as you go.
There's about 22 pages in all.
The little journal (above) started out with the intention of being an accordion-fold booklet, but I just had to put a cover on it, didn't I? The closure is made from lingerie elastic, in case you wondered :) And the pages are connected using ...
... washi tape, (Scotch) tape, and a "silk" tape
(from the first aid section of the el cheapo shop!)
Saw this on the Wanderlust site and clicked over to your blog. Your journal is just beautiful, and quite large with all those pages. I like all the fold-outs or tip-ins, whichever you call them. And good tip with the dyed elastics for the ties on these. Very useful idea! I have a blog also at www.quiltnans.blogspot.com if you get a chance to visit.
ReplyDeleteAt last your "backing" sheets have been put to good use, well done. Can't wait to see these new creations in real life as then the "sparkle" should be good to see. My efforts today took a leaf out or your book- backing sheets!! Still going so will put it up when I'm done playing.
ReplyDeleteInterested in what silk tape is. Never heard of it!
Hi Ros was wondering what you were up to, so popped over fir a look, do love how your Scottish temperament of waste not want not has come to the fore in this project, well done!!
ReplyDeleteThanks for sharing,
Shaz in Oz.x
{Calligraphy Cards - Shaz in Oz}
Loving this Roz! The colours are great and the fold-out accordion booklet is a fantastic idea! Great use of washi tapes too.
ReplyDeleteThe really do look fabulous and even better IRL. Thanks for the lovely papers and the cards are stunning. So nice to catch up for lunch.
ReplyDeletesandra de @9