The first lesson for Wanderlust 2017 (see side bar), was about "making a statement", something to keep in mind for our creative (and other?) endeavours for the year. Many have chosen themes such as "be brave" and "adventure" and similar. This doesn't quite work for me. Being brave suggests facing hazards or dangers or the unknown. I suppose a year long course could be considered an adventure. It just seems a bit vague and that could be the problem. Some serious ideas, which seemed appropriate, came to mind ... much concentration, patience and perseverance is required (on my part). However, I think this can all be distilled into one simple word ... focus.
Using just a few supplies, acrylics, gesso, stencil and images (my photos) ...
It was suggested that the images could be your favourite places. And they are. (From the coast to the mountains.)
Very clever. I love the way the photos blend into the background. You have captured the colours of both places really well in the background too. Alpine Layers
ReplyDeleteGreat use of the photos and I have to agree with you ... it is difficult finding a word for your AJ page. Everytime I try I go blank and cannot think of one word for the page let alone a phrase. Wanderlust looks like it is going to be another great year of workshops. Looking forward to seeing them IRL So glad it is cooler tonight ... I am back at work and very grateful for air-conditioning :)
ReplyDeletesandra de
Love the background on this dear Ros, wonderful layering of colours and paints etc. amd love the word FOCUS... oh how yours truly needs to do that!!
ReplyDeleteThanks so much for commenting on my Surfboards post too on BB really appreciate it.
Thanks also for sharing your inspiration,
Shaz in Oz.x
{Calligraphy Cards - Shaz in Oz}