Apart from dropping the last envelope in the post,
the Houses of History (year long swap) is finally completed.
So, here's my "desk" this morning ...
That's the last HOH page (tied with black ribbon),
my HOH pages (right hand side "Art Deco" theme) all received now
and the red (watercolour) pages and apricot tags have been glimmermisted for future use.
My HOH book has to have covers made for it but I've run out of steam, for the time being.
Oh, and the last of the camellias, still flowering!
If you're still interested, here's that last page again.
(This is for Sharon and her theme was "St Trinian's" which,
if you are a certain age, you will already have guessed!)
Look, it opens ...
and here's the reverse
By now, you're probably wondering why I'm doing all this "show and tell"...
you were, weren't you?
She started it all, so she can explain it all.
That's where I'm going now too.
Bye for now ...
aaah you must live in my part of the world with the same time as I have. Well I think Julia slept in cos all our blogs are up and her's isnt lol. Love your book
ReplyDeleteBridget #??? lol
Your book is amazing RosA!!!
ReplyDeleteSorry I have not yet replied to your very kind comment on my blog ... have been rushed off my feet so no time to blog :(
The melting pot thingies on my cards are just little embellishments and not canvasses ... think the long thin one was about 1.5" x 4" maybe - they are all on an A6 card. Someone has asked if I will say how I did them ... which I will, of course ... just need to find more time! X
Super projects hon.
ReplyDeleteHAPPY WOYWW!
Hugs, Sandra View my desk HERE!
ok I wonder if I know you, either online or in swaps, trying to think where the Emerald City is lol. I'll find you yet!!
ReplyDeleteBridget #2
Thanks for popping back to my blog to reply to my message ... your comments are very kind and appreciated. Those melting pot cards were very early ones and whilst the embellishments I make are still pretty much the same my cards have certainly changed ... I have never taken many photo's of what I do so when I look back at old ones like these I realise how much my work has changed! I hate those cards now but they went down well at the time so am not going to get stressed about it! xXx
ReplyDeleteThe HoH book is a huge achievement..not surprised you're a little steamless - a cover will wait for another day! The camellias are beautiful..notoriously difficult to keep in these parts, so it's relly nice to see you get enough to cut and enjoy!
ReplyDeleteLooking great Roslyn! You have done a great job with HOH...Hopefully I'll get to blog tomorrow!
ReplyDeleteI love St Trinians - but the proper old black and white films rather than the modern rubbish. Alastair Sim in drag as the Headmistress, George Cole as Flash Harry - ah, happy days.....
ReplyDeleteGorgeous camellias there, I have flower envy :)
Hugs, LLJ xx
Ah St Trinians, those were the days! That's a major achievement, a swap that lasts a whole year, I can't commit to anything for more than a month! Love the camellias too.
ReplyDeleteHugs
Brenda 74
Lovely project and yes I remember the original St Trinians!
ReplyDeleteHello Ros, I must admit I did wonder what the completed project would look like when you first previewed some pages, and it's fantastic ... love it. Oh, and St Trinians, not only do I remember it but wore a uniform similar when I was a pupil at Trinity Academy in Edinburgh, many, many years ago. I have since been told that this is where the name originated from ... only the name, we were never so unruly :) Hope you have a great crafting week. Elizabeth x #59
ReplyDeletegreat projects. Hope you have a great week. Thanks for sharing. Vickie #68
ReplyDelete