... upon layer. Like a hastily constructed cake. (Not that I can claim to have baked any cakes in recent times.) There's too many layers here now and they need to be sorted out.
Because the cold weather is now upon us, my thoughts turn to knitting and I need a project of a manageable size (eg. new beanie for skiing) but I want to use a more advanced cast on method which results in a very, very nice finish so I have to find the instructions (once again) and actually follow them! Which I did this morning (before work). However, if you look closely you will see underneath some instruction for Coptic Stitch book binding, so somewhere in the layers are some folded signatures waiting for some book covers to be made (they are elsewhere, with a layer of gesso, drying). And there is the latest UK Craft Stamper, which I am savouring ... slowly.
You'd be excused for wondering if I ever finish anything. But I do, eventually.
And here's a close-up of the knitting, a little further advanced ...
Sorry, unless you're a knitter, of very little interest, I suspect :) That darker wool is temporary. It is removed to give the aforementioned neat, tidy and very elastic ribbing.
OK, let's connect up with Julia, and all share desks!
Looks like a very productive desk this week and the knitting is always a treat. Haven't done any for a couple of years. I am booked in to do an encaustic workshop on Saturday week. Wasn't planning on doing encaustic but that was the workshop she was running on the Saturday I was free. Should be fun. Looking forward to lunch next week.
ReplyDeletesandra de
Hi Ros, happy WOYWW. I so enjoy knitting and yes it's definitely something to undertake in the cooler months...Like your advanced cast on, looking forward to seeing your beanie. Cheers and enjoy your week RobynO#16
ReplyDeleteThis reminds me that I need to try knitting a hat! My daughter is really talented at knitting hats, but my sister has decided I should knit her a ruffle scarf, so that will be my next project. Happy WOYWW! Sandy Leigh #43
ReplyDeleteWell, I've never heard of that method of casting on before!! I've always used the thumb method as taught me by my mother...have always found that to make a tidy edge. I'm intrigued now!!
ReplyDeleteHugs, LLJ 8 xx
I am indeed a knitter and fascinated by your advanced casting on ... I've always cast on using two needles but don't know about the extra thread that you later remove ... must go and check that out for sure! Thanks for popping by my blog earlier ... can confirm the canvas was posted this morning ... EEK!!!!! Love to you from Debbie xXx
ReplyDeleteLayers upon layers is like an architectural dig. Sometimes when you dig, you find the best stuff. I had planned to share my little girls under an umbrella with you this week, but I got gifts, so it will now have to wait awhile.
ReplyDeleteI used to knit, but have NO idea what you are doing with that temporary thread. Happy WOYWW from # 5.
Lots of this and that happening on your desk. Layers happen! That's my story and I'm sticking to it. Enjoy your knitting. I always thought I would like to learn how but have come to my senses when I realized I can barely afford one hobby! Judy #55
ReplyDeleteLooks like you have LOTS going on! Enjoy your cozy knitting.
ReplyDeleteHappy Woyww,
Sandy #23
Look forward to seeing the completed knitting. Have a great week and a happy woyww, Angela xXx 26
ReplyDeleteHi Ros... well am not a knitter I can knit but we dont have a terribly exciting relationship, made small things only over the years, learnt when six mind you .. now crotchet, than its another thing :D LOVE that!
ReplyDeleteMm, looks a little like me desk made two cards and not tidied up properly need to do a de-layering too..
Happy belated WOYWW! Shaz in Oz.x #60
{Shaz in Oz – Calligraphy Cards}
I am intrigued what comments did you leave then have to delete!!!
ReplyDeletesandra de
I'm happy to see layers and layers! The special casting on looks & sounds very clever... I may have to find out about that (Though I don't really like knitting, except lace, as it's a bit repetitive... somehow though, I like crochet, even when it is also repetitive!)
ReplyDeleteCoptic bound gesso-covered book sounds exciting - I will watch out for that. As you may know now, Books are really my "thing"!
Have a good week and thanks for visiting my blog.
Lizzie