Wednesday, September 9, 2015

WOYWW goodbye winter

Although we still have plenty of snow here in Oz, spring is definitely in the air. And spring is very acceptable, but it will, all too soon, turn into unbearable summer heat. So, my desk offering today will include the last knitted beanie for this season and something new for next year. But first, the "desk" ...


Yesterday I had a quick trip to a craft shop, where they had put aside that butterfly die for me and I picked up that House Mouse stamp (I don't really do a lot of "cute" but who can resist those HM stamps?) and a new pair of scissors. The shop was large and absolutely full of so much stock (mainly dies), it was all a bit overwhelming, so that's all the shopping I did! (Those lovely Spellbinders dies are new too, but so far, not a great deal of success with the cutting procedure.)

Anyway, you really wanted to see that knitting finished ... right?


And now, I thought the knitting was all over for this season, but then I found a pattern for a neck warmer ...


It's been a few weeks, but woyww goes on and you can find out all about it over at Julia's Stamping Ground.  So ... I'll catch up with you soon. 

9 comments:

  1. I love that butterfly die.
    Your wooly hat is gorgeous. And the neckwarmer is lovely too. I loe knitting and I think I will make myself a neck warmer too.
    But spring is coming so you can put your knitting away (unless you are knitting for next winter!)
    Have a good week,
    Lisca#17

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Rosa, loving the hats and all the gorgeous stuff on your desk today. The dies are great.
    Have a good woyww and happy crafting, Angela x 22

    ReplyDelete
  3. The butterfly die looks fabulous, I love Memory Box! hope you get your spellbinders to cut properly - waxy paper helps I'm told, (I am sure you know that). Have a good week. Helen 4

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Rosa. I think there's a product made especially for die cutting.Waxy paper tends to wreck your dies apparently(according to paper Flourish-my local Scrap book shop). If I can find it I will put it on my blog next week. Love all your goodies, and thanks for the kind comment on my works.
    Judy #9

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful butterfly die... I have a lot of trouble with intricate dies. Your knitting is always wonderful and I imagine quite calming to sit and knit. Have a great week and I will try to post next week.
    sandra de

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the beanie and the neck warmer. I am sweltering here in Spain, don't know how you manage in your summers but I guess you get used to it all. Keep warm.
    Hugs, Neet xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have lots of wonderful dies on your desk. I totally get what you mean about how you can be overwhelmed by the amount of stock in a store. I do better with less stuff to distract me. That's probably why I can downsize my own stash so well. Love the beanie! I am a big knit hat fan! I bought a hat with a kitty face and kitty ears on it a couple of years ago. I can't wear it in the house as it bothers my cat Charles too much. He thinks he is the only cat that should be allowed on my head (and he loves to try to stand on my head if I lie on the floor or put my head down on my desk).

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just love house mouse and a cute cap. Winter is my favorite season and that hat is adorable. Thanks for stopping by my blog earlier. Yes - the white chest of drawers is from IKEA.
    April #49

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, Ros that Chloe butterfly is huge!!love the beanie .. looks really great a does new one!

    Mm, not sure why you are having trouble with the dies the ones on desk look good to go there to me!
    love the spellbinders.. the majesty that is not sure what one underneath is .. looks strange relief shape to me? where was the shop you visited?? anywhere we could go??.. guess not..
    Thanks so much for popping over.
    Happy Belated WOYWW! Shaz in Oz.x #25

    {Shaz in Oz – Calligraphy Cards}

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. If you leave a comment I will always try to visit you too.