and a new mess ...
There are no less than three A5 art journals, all in various stages of "beginningness". I've embarked on three different projects for the year and yes, I could just use one book for all three but I've got a feeling that would only lead to chaos and confusion. The number one of these projects is Wanderlust, a year long (online) mixed media course. There is so much happening there, I hardly know where to begin! Even at this early stage, there has been a serious amount of information and inspiration!
But wait, there's more. Whilst browsing around blogland, I came across two other interesting year long challenges, one being weekly and the other being monthly. Naturally, I'm already one week behind, but it's nothing to stress about :)
If you look carefully at my desk you will see something that has surfaced almost from the Dark Ages! Those lettering sheets were part of a whole bunch of old, old, old Letraset and Geotype which I've recently unearthed!
Here's my first finished piece for 2016 ...
It's the first week's challenge from the year long weekly challenge (Colour Me Positive).
What's on Your Workdesk Wednesday comes to you, once again, courtesy of Julia at The Stamping Ground.
Wow you do like a challenge don't you? I decided against challenges this year as I never finish them... but may well join in some occasionally. I have friends doing wanderlust... must find out how they are getting on too.
ReplyDeleteThanks for sharing and have a good week.
Catherine #19
wow, I am speechless, I love your journal page, for some reason I have a hard time getting those stencils to work right, but I guess practice makes perfect. Clemencia #38
ReplyDeleteWonderful pages!! Take care Zo xx 39
ReplyDeleteYou are good doing these challenges! I can see that they're a good focus for kick starting a project. There don't seem to be many fabric challenges, other than quilting ones which I don't do! I like your pages, great colours :-D
ReplyDeleteHugs, LLJ 10 xxx
WOW...loving the page. Have fun with the online course and enjoy the challenges. It's the only way I push myself to be creative it seems. Meeting a Challenge. Thanks for sharing the great inspiration. Enjoy a WOYWW kind of day. #33
ReplyDeleteBeautiful journal page - I know you will love doing your mixed media challenge, might pop along myself... Hugs MMx #49
ReplyDeleteLove, love, love that journal page Ros! The textures and the subtle colour palette are amazing! I know what you mean that we're overwhelmed with inspiration! But better more than we can handle than none! Happy WOYWW! zsuzsa #47
ReplyDeleteBeautiful finished pages! At least you've got a start. Have a challenge I (hanging head in shame) haven't started yet.
ReplyDeleteSharon K #52
Good for you to do the challenges! I don't bother because i know I will never finish any of them. I start, but don't finish. As soon as there is some deadline, it puts me off doing it!
ReplyDeleteYour page is beautiful!
Have a good week,
Lisca
Hi Ros, loving the journals, especially the cityscape one. Have a great week, Hugs, Shaz #16 xxx
ReplyDeleteI'm enjoying Wanderlust too but have already fallen behind.. hoping to get some more done tonight after dinner! I am working in different journals/surfaces too! Helen #2
ReplyDeleteWow, 3 challenges, now that's going some, I know I'd struggle to keep up with one but what you've done on all the pages looks beautiful. I like the look of the one in the top photo with the greens and blues and grasses.
ReplyDeleteYour finished project is a stunner.
Hugs Lisax #14
It's not a mess just a busy desk and such a gorgeous journal pgae too. Wishing you a happy crafty woyww, Angela x 15
ReplyDeleteI love that journal page! The quote is perfect but I was really interested in the background. So much texture. Great start. Thank you for the visit earlier. I had a small learning curve with the PASCA pens. Playing with them ended up being the best way to learn. Diane 70
ReplyDeleteyour first page is absolutely gorgeous. I'm also following Wanderlust, I'm on lesson 2 which is a huge one, but am enjoying it as I'm doing things I normally won't do, exactly what you need to grow. Vicky#66
ReplyDeleteLovely journal pages - I do enjoy my painty journals and get such a lot out of doing them. A friend once queried what use was a journal - how come something has to have an end use? I enjoy therefore it is good.
ReplyDeleteGood luck with Wanderlust, I have yet to start and play catch up when I get home.
Hugs, Neet 3 x
Looks like you have done a gorgeous page for your art journal. Wanderlust looks like great value and serious commitment. Look forward to seeing them in RLF.
ReplyDeleteHi Ros, yet to venture much into mixed media basically because I am not a journal person
ReplyDeleteI'm flat enough out keeping up with card list. Love your page though, looks great.
Good to catch up yesterday... Maybe again in 2016, time will tell.
Funny about the lettraset as I was given some and think I just shoved them in my bureau drawer might hunt them out.
Shaz in Oz.x 22