Friday, July 29, 2016

Wanderlust Challenge July - Collage

It's difficult to keep up with all the happenings over at Wanderlust, and there's a lot going on there! But I liked the sound of the July Monthly Challenge which was to make a collage using at least four different types of paper, plus anything else you fancied. That's my kind of challenge!  So ... I thought about it for ages, as usual, and then I pulled out one of three journals that I have been randomly using this year and found a background which I liked. (There are many random backgrounds that I've made this year just waiting to be used.)

Now, I think a collage can be many things. Maybe just a pleasing arrangement of colours, shapes, textures. Or perhaps it can tell a story? Both ideas work for me. Anyway, the result in this case, is a bit of a mix of both ideas ... I think.

No time for step by step photos. Everything came out of a bag of scraps, except the reclining damsel who I've been wanting to use for a while :)

Here's a pic, almost finished ...


The papers I used included:

paper serviette (buried along the bottom edge)
handmade lace paper (the flimsy beige stuff)
photocopy paper (dark narrow lace)
cardboard (die cut bottom left)
pearlised paper (tree)
old French dictionary paper (look closely)
and some leftover packaging "La De Dah"

Here's the finished collage with some close-ups ...

... actually, I'm not sure it's finished ... I never am 





2 comments:

  1. Hi this is looking pretty good for a collage that has come out of a bag of scraps. Ihave finally got some time look at wanderlust. Thank so much for very own little peek at wanderlust.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome back, hope you got some great skiing in during the fortnight. I am now getting ready to try my hand at a tiara - painting!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. If you leave a comment I will always try to visit you too.