I have been playing with my Shiva Paintstiks
which are oil paints in stick form. I am really liking them!
which are oil paints in stick form. I am really liking them!
Some have already been put through the Cuttlebug, top left.
I don't think you can see the lovely iridescent effect, can you?
So, here is a close up ...
So, here is a close up ...
Now, I'm off to visit some other desks courtesy of Julia's Stamping Ground.
Maybe I will see you there.
Ros, I have some of those PaintStiks, too. But I can't seem to get mine workable until I either cut or wipe away too much of the paint. I've seen people demo them who wipe them gently with a paper towel, and I've seen others who gently cut away the thin outer shell. Neither seems to work for me. I've used one PaintStik twice and have lost over half of it trying to get it soft and "ready." Any advice would be greatly appreciated, because I've not seen anyone else using them on WOYWW. Happy WOYWW from #1.
ReplyDeleteThose will make great backgrounds. April #21
ReplyDeleteWell RosA that reminds me, I have several of those paintsticks, too! Oh wow, maybe they'll turn up again eventually . . . they're fun to work with, aren't they?
ReplyDelete:)trisha
#20ish this week with
Jedi mind tricks
Thanks for the heads up, Ros. I am going to try your way next. I can tell they look so much better than the ends of mine do. My friend Kathy bought two sets on the internet and I paid her for one set. There were no iridescent ones, though. My colors are quite muted, but I can still use them for painting on fabric, which I have done in the past. Again, thanks for the lovely reply. BTW, mine are actually called "Markel," which is the British equivalent of "Shiva" brand. Ironic, since I live in the states.
ReplyDeleteA couple of fab back ground cards your making . Happy woyww jill #26
ReplyDeleteOh no, I have just seen something else I want, not need mind you, want....Paintsticks.. they look like so much fun.. Enjoy your week and happy crafting
ReplyDeleteDeDe #14
I have often wondered what those paint sticks are like. One day.... Your backgrounds look great!! Happy WOYWW.
ReplyDeleteJanene #22
Hi Ros, just in for a snoop, haven't heard of these oil paints but they sure do look nice...have fun Cheers RobynO#37
ReplyDeleteHappy WOYWW. Loving those backgrounds. The colours are gorgeous. Ali x. #48
ReplyDeleteGreat combination of colors for the backgrounds and they look great from here. I don't own any of the shiva sticks so I will just watch and learn from here.
ReplyDeleteThanks for sharing and have a great week.
Hugs Eliza & Yoda 52
Happy WOYWW & Happy Crafting
Love the colours and look forward to seeing what you do with them. Happy crafting, Angela x 68
ReplyDeleteLovely effects, Ros. I remember using paint sticks when doing a C&G course some years back - but for the life of me can I remember what to do with them! Old age obviously creeping on.
ReplyDeleteHave a great week.
Margaret #59
Not heard of those paintsticks but I love the effect you've achieved. Thanks for the visit. Helen 15
ReplyDeleteOoh I can see the iridescence alright Ros, how lovely. The idea of embossing them is a it genius really, makes the sheen so erm, sheeny!
ReplyDeleteHi Ros,
ReplyDeleteI haven't seen those paint sticks before. Is this paper? The one you ran through the Cuttlebug looks GREAT! Love the design.
Happy belated WOYWW
Kay (5)
Wow! That did come out really iridescent. I've never heard of these paint sticks before. They look interesting and seem to have a nice deep color to them.
ReplyDeletewow love these paint sticks too, Ros, from last week.. doing bit of catch up! happy WOYWW Shaz in oz.x #47
ReplyDelete