Now, I need a "deep edge" or "box" canvas for an idea which is brewing away, but I have nothing on hand that's suitable. Maybe, I will buy one next time I'm at the shops, but meanwhile, let's employ some lateral thinking, hence the biscuit box. OK, it's pretty flimsy, so I suppose I will "reinforce" it with some extra cardboard. I won't have to go to any shop for that :) I can't tell you much about it, at the moment, only because I'm not sure where it's going, but if there's no progress by next Wednesday, then it's probably not happening :) The "rusty" bits to the left were going to play a part, but the scale is all wrong. What would anyone do with a 6" key, seriously?
I received some happy mail today ...
Now wouldn't that make you happy too? :)
And for the eagle eyed, yes, that's my real life, at work, genuinely employed, business desk. I covered the work mess with my happy mail :)
Why are you looking at this? Why am I showing you this?
oh, yes, this mail would make me happy! hope you resisted the temptation to start playing with it will you got home! Good luck with the box project... Helen 5
ReplyDeleteHi Ros - great when you can upcycle, eh?! It leaves pennies for the things you can't make yourself. Can't wait to see what the box morphs into. Happy WOYWW, Chris # 16
ReplyDeleteThat is definitely happy mail!
ReplyDeleteHope your project works out, and I agree about the 6" key. Although upon looking at it I right away wanted to submerse it in a mixed media project of mine! So don't give up on it, I am sure you will find it a home!
Lizzie's Workshop #17
Look at all that happy mail Great new dies to play with and lovely rusty florish I see there so pretty looking hugs Nikki 8
ReplyDeleteHappy mail indeed!! LOVE memory box dies!!! Good luck with the altered box...I rather think that key is darling and special. I look forward to seeing your progress next week!
ReplyDeleteHappy Crafting!
Jeannie #21
Your right that must have been happy mail , all those lovelt goodies to play with . Happy woyww Jill #24
ReplyDeleteHello Rosa. Scrumptious looking happy mail to be found in your "real life"!
ReplyDeleteMaybe someone would open a VERY large door with that 6" key??? Can you imagine having something that size on your car keyring?!
Take care. God bless.
Margaret #6
Ay Ay Ay, that is indeed a goodly pile of happy mail! Lovely stencils - the 'summer screen' is gorgeous!
ReplyDeleteI lke the faux rusting you've been going on - I understand about the 6" key too, although I have recently photographed some Spanish doors that probably need them, they're a bot difficult to include on a canvas or card.
"Rust" and "idea brewing" makes me think of the end of this month. Have I guessed what you are doing?
ReplyDeleteMust say that the happy mail would make me happy too - wonderful stuff there.
Hugs, Neet 14 xx
It would fit a mighty sized keyhole I'm thinking!!!!!
ReplyDeleteLove the look of those stencils you have there.
Hugs Lisax #31
re your comment on my blog. The kitchen roll was just to clean my stencil when i had used the thickener. I put the stencil on, folded the paper over (to stop it messing my work area) and that was the result.
ReplyDeleteA few people haven;t realised that - I need to alter my words I guess LOL.
Hugs, Neet xx
Goodness that is happy mail for sure! That would make me happy too! Happy WOYWW!
ReplyDeleteGlenda #45
Love happy mail, did you pay for it?
ReplyDeleteBridget #48
Happy mail and you have some rather lovely stencils there which I may have to go look for - like I need anymore. Thank you for sharing and I look forward to seeing what you make with the biscuit box - Anita #WOYWW 49
ReplyDeleteHi Ros, both your desks are fab today. Can't wait to see what you produce with that biscuit box ... bet it won't be recognisable :) And only a crafter could use a 6" key, surely! I love the contents of your happy mail - the cat dies caught my eye for sure. I have a giveaway on offer so do check out the sticky post at the top of my blog. Have a great week, Elizabeth x #53
ReplyDeleteInteresting idea! Let us know what happened with the biscuit box in the end!Those rusty elements look great, but I see what you mean about the size of them. Have a great day! zsuzsa @ InkyDinkyDoodle #50
ReplyDeleteooooohh ... I'm intrigued by your biscuit box and I love the rusty pieces. Happy WOYWW :o) Annie C #64
ReplyDeleteYour "happy mail" looks like great fun! And your box... hmmmm....
ReplyDeleteHope it all works out. Happy WOYWW!
Carol N #61
Hi RosA, can't wait to see how the box ends up and love the rusty stuff. Who wouldn't be pleased to receive mail like that, gorgeous Lol!
ReplyDeleteAngela x 41
Oh, my goodness! Happy mail, indeed! I bet you couldn't wait to play with it all! :) I want to play with it! LOL #73
ReplyDeleteOoo, that would make me happy too.Great stash!
ReplyDeleteI'm intrigued by your box and am looking forward to see what it will become. I love those rusty things by the way. I looked at your previous post but you don't give away your secret of how it's done....
Thank you for letting me peep over your shoulder.
Have a good week,
a hug and God bless,
Lisca#26
Love happy mail! And looks as if you have lots of yummies to explore. Hope to see more of the biscuit box next week. Creative Blessings! Kelly #56
ReplyDeleteOhhh love the rusty bits, dies and stamps. What eye candy. Peg R 77
ReplyDeleteI am late to visit as I had a self inflicted deadline to achieve...Your stash looks wonderful, that would seriously make me happy! #19
ReplyDeleteOooh another lady with lots of gorgeous new stash this week! Great stuff, Rosa, and I'm sure you're in for a lot of fun with that lot. As for what to do with a 6-inch key - unlock a church? Lol! Where we used to live, the ancient church key was at least that big, and the elderly gentleman responsible for locking up practically needed a wheelbarrow to carry it! We all used to laugh about it. I'm intrigued by the biscuit tin and hope you will share more about that soon!
ReplyDeleteHappy belated WOYWW,
Shoshi #37
Thanks for your return visit, Rosa. I have to say my desk didn't stay that tidy for long - it's busy again now! Interesting about the supplies in Australia - I suppose they are so expensive because of having to be imported.
ReplyDeleteHave you had a look at the photos I took of the Kaffe Fassett exhibition? If not, you can get to my Flickr album by clicking the Kaffe Fassett logo at the top of my blog. At least you can have a taste of what we saw! I have loved his work for years.
Really looking forward to seeing what you do with the biscuit box - it's really intriguing!!
Shoshi #37
Thanks for your return visit, Rosa - you are in for a treat when you see your sister's photos of the Kaffe Fassett exhibition. I quite understand that you are green with envy!!
ReplyDeleteLol at your comment about me being up early. That's a larf. I hadn't gone to bed!!! With my M.E. my internal clock is all haywire and I'm mentally alert into the small hours, and then can't get up in the morning! It was about 3 a.m. when I commented! It is now 11.40 a.m. and I've just finished breakfast. There, my secret is out lol lol!!!
Shoshi
OMG! Love all the stencils and dies! I could have a play day with just whats on your work desk. Been thinking about that tree for a while and I just need to breakdown and buy it. I have so many dies etc I hesitate to buy now. Might have to make a deal with myself to get rid of an old one to get a new! Sorry I am so late getting around this week but I can only sit so long and I start to hurt! I hate cold weather! Hope you have a great weekend playing with your new stuff! Vickie #76
ReplyDelete