At the moment I am having another attempt at a snug fitting neck warmer (suitable for snow cold). You can see the original attempt behind. Yes, it's pretty, but useless for it's intended purpose. I won't pull it apart, at the moment, but may very well later. (Although I'm thinking about felting it. We'll see.) I kept the pattern simple on this attempt and I think it is going to fit properly this time.
I can't tell you much about the novel. I have only just started it. I think it will be good.
And I really, really, really want to knit socks. Soon.
Knitting : Shepherd 4 ply pure wool, knit on circular needles
Books : Girl in the Afternoon by Serena Burdick &
The Knitter's Book of Socks by Clara Parkes
OMGoodness the knitting is fab.... the pink one will be wonderful felted just have to think of a purpose? Would Look fantastic as a small zippered pouch. I am still getting organised to post. Late night for me. Have a good week. Won't be long before we catch up....yay
ReplyDeletesandra de
The knitting looks lovely. I especially like the blue one. I am sure you will get it the way you want!
ReplyDeleteHappy WOYWW
Sharon K #34
Beautiful projects. My daughter made me a neck warmer last year and I wore it constantly! Very nice on my old neck! Have a great week. Vickie#11
ReplyDeletevery neat knitting! hope you enjoy the knitting group. Helen #1
ReplyDeleteHi there Ros are you still okay for the 3rd of Nov??
ReplyDeleteLove your knitting totally admire anyone who can knit complicated patterns like that... felting would be good, the WOYWWing sisters Jo and Annie would give you tips there. :) have yucky test next Tues 25 th so prob won't make WOYWW next week, and following week is off to Sydney.
Must start a shopping list, which won't have much on it methinks.
Happy WOYWW, Ros!!!
Shaz in Oz. X #31
beautiful color knitting :) I'm doing the same!
ReplyDeleteHi Ros - just spotted you at the end of the list! Those patterns look quite complicated to me - best I could do is stripes, I'm afraid! And it would probably take me two years to finish anything LOL! Enjoy your spring time! It's getting a bit colder here now! zsuzsa #22
ReplyDeleteWow, the knitting is gorgeous - I love both of them and am very impressed at the patterns - I can't do patterns, only horizontal stripes! Thanks for stopping by mine earlier, I'm not sure which little flowers you mean on my tag - did you mean the stamped flower image on the background of the tag?
ReplyDeleteThe little white flowers are real ones, dried, that you find at the florist - they are often put in with roses. Let me know if it's the stamp you want and I'll have to investigate as I can't remember where it came from but might have it written down somewhere as I try and keep a record of where I get stamps from.
Hope you have a great week,
Diana #18
Here's hoping you can get the neck warmer to work out the way you want. Yes! Real knit socks sound so neat. Of course, I can't knit a stitch so I have no idea what I'm talking about. Hehehe.
ReplyDeleteEnjoy the process!
Hope #45
Hi Ros. Seems ages since I came here... Life has passed me by recently for obvious reasons; but I think the brain and the body are beginning to move along on the same planet again now!!!
ReplyDeleteI love your knitting - the patterns are great. Well done - hope they all work out ok.
Take care. God bless.
Margaret #6
Hi Ros. I used to love knitting but nearly always fell to sleep doing it as I found it so relaxing. Autumn is definitely here for us now and the winter will be on it's way soon Not long till we change the clocks. Not sure if you do that where you are. Happy belated woyww, Angela x 17
ReplyDeleteHi Ros, I made the flowers up using bits of mulberry paper flowers that came from www.wildorchidcrafts.com. The larger outer petals were one layer taken from cherry blossom flowers and I glued a small black rose in the centre. Hope that was what you wanted to know!
ReplyDeleteDiana x
Your knitting is so pretty :) I love the colors of the neckwarmer too!
ReplyDeleteLovely color work! I've got several projects currently on the needles, but life keeps getting in the way. I've got a ton of books in my reading queue as well... some audiobooks, so I can listen while I knit! Sorry I'm so late! Have a great week! Heather (waywardgypsy) #51?
ReplyDeleteBlimey, your tension on the intarsia knitting is amazing! There's no kinks or pulling anywhere, that's a real skill. Whenever I've knitted fairisle in the past, I've had to make a real effort to slacken off my tension to get an even result. Way to go you!!
ReplyDeleteBut socks? Why?? Life is too short (in my humble opinion!!) to muck around with four small needles. Grin!!
Hugs, LLJ 10 xxx
The need to knit is strong in this one....
ReplyDeletePay no attention to LLJ - I've just done a project that required 5 DPNs, never done anything like that before, and my daughter loves the gloves I made for her (well, wrist warmers, really). Yes, it's fiddly, but SO worth it.
I'm super late getting here this week but felt the need to pop in and say Hi.
Morti @40