Wednesday, September 27, 2017

WOYWW and once again ...

a month has zoomed by! Where it went to I'll never know! Oh wait, there was more skiing involved - Spring Skiing, the second last week of the ski season, which officially closes this long weekend. And then comes the long ... hot ... Summer ... (sigh).
Nothing much has happened here. I'm still in Winter Knitting Mode ...

I started knitting this hand dyed and hand spun (local) merino wool, like so ...


It got unknitted and then reknitted as this* ...


So, it's blocking on the ironing board and that will be my workdesk for WOYWW.
Catch you soon, or as soon as I can get back into computerland.

* Oh, if you're interested, the pattern is called "Elevations"
 and can be found on the amazing Ravelry website.

------------------------------------------------

---Snow in Australia---



9 comments:

  1. Hello! Oh my, that yarn is beautiful. It looks so soft. I haven't knitted in a few years and really hoping to get back to it this winter. It's unseasonably hot here in the east coast of the US and we have just begun autumn. So no snow for a few months (I hope). Thanks for sharing your beauty with us!
    Belinda #27

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi RosA. That knitting looks just beautiful. I admit to liking the shaped piece much more than the straight rows... Your snowy pictures are lovely. Here in North Wales, the temperature is dropping a little, but the mountains usually show a little snow by the middle of October - so not long. By the coast here, however, I have only seen snow a couple of times - and it didn't last long - sigh!
    Take care. God bless.
    Margaret #2

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was so glad to spot your name on the list RosA! Hard to believe you're heading into summer just as we're leaving ours behind. Love the snowy photos - I hope we'll get some this year. Lovely, soft colours in your knitting. Hope you're having a lovely week. zsuzsa #13

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow RosA that is amazing knitting! I must admit I've never linked Australia and snow before! Happy WOYWW Sarah #31

    ReplyDelete
  5. pretty yarn! your knitting looks fab. Helen #1

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous yarn... thank you for the link to the pattern... love the snowy photos... Have a fun week ahead... May #19

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Rosa, lovely knitting. I was wondering if you'd had much snow this season, any skiing? Looking forward to our trip to France though we wont be going until January so I will just have to be patient. Have a great woyww and a happy crafty week, Angela x11x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely knitting - fab colour combo. x Jo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello RosA, I am completely out of the loop with Wednesday posting. Don't even remember to look until the weekend. Love the snow pics and the knitting is absolutely stunning. Shall we plan a get together before the Xmas rush??

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. If you leave a comment I will always try to visit you too.